Saturday, December 31, 2011

The End of Another Year

Wow this year flew by in a whirlwind it seems!

So much has happened this year, good and bad. I’ve watched my kiddos move out of the house, saw my girls blossom as they’ve started going to a public charter school and had three of my writing projects accepted and 2 published so far.

I have loved to write since I was in junior high school when my friends and I used t trade notes back and forth and make up little stories about Duran Duran and their members. In high school the stories became more fluid, more like stories and the band changed to Bon Jovi. Yeah we were nuts but we had fun!

It wasn’t until I found this really cool role playing game called Black Bayou on AOL that my writing really took off. I learned so much from role play. It forced me to be descriptive, to describe my characters, their movements, motivations and dialogue so that those I played with understood what I was trying to accomplish.

That game also lead me to meet my husband who I’ve been with for the past 9 years and happily married to for 6.

I can honestly say that he is the biggest reason that I am where I am today. He encouraged me in my writing, comes up with plot ideas, story ideas and also reads over my current works to just give helpful advice. Sometimes I hate his advice but most of the time he’s right (God I had admitting that.)
He and my best friend Kristen pushed me to submit my stories, assured me over and over that no matter how many rejections I got that someone was going to see that I was a great writer and pick it up.

They were right once more and the second place I submitted it to took the chance. They also picked up my 2 short stories and I can’t say enough awesome things about Secret Cravings Publishing.
I have made some awesome new friends this year, writers, editors and the like attended my second convention where I realized that I wasn’t alone!! There are lots of other people who play with imaginary characters in their head and hope to make money from it too!
For that reason alone 2011 was a fantastic year.

Sometimes money has been tight, but we have always pulled through somehow and I’m sure there will be more of those times but I truly believe if you just have faith, that things will work out. They might not work out like you plan but in the long run, it’s probably for the best.

So Happy New Year to my readers, friends and family who read this!

I look forward to what the new year holds and how I can share it with everyone out there!
Peace, Love and Happiness in the New Year

K~~

No comments:

Post a Comment